Sunday 22 December 2013

Preview: Top 10 Films of 2013 - place your bets!


It’s coming up to that time again when I reveal my Top 10 Films of 2013.

But before we get to that I want to lay the ground rules. This list is based entirely on my opinion so don't be mad if your favourite isn’t on there or if you strongly disagree with anything - but feel free to leave a comment!

The Top 10 is based on films that had a theatrical release in the UK this year. Because of that I’ve had to leave out some films (which I will probably metion after the official 10) that I watched this year (and were really good) but were released before 2013.

This doesn't matter so much for other categories - but I will be strict on that for the Top 10.

If you want to check out 2011 and 2012’s Top 10 films just click on the date and it will send you there.

I’ve always loved watching films and writing about them here, but as I’ve started to write film reviews for various online blogs/magazines this year, I’ve watched a fair few more than usual. Below is a list of almost all the films I watched this year, arranged in alphabetical order. There are 158 in case you’re wondering – and this doesn't include any films I watched that I have seen before or only partially watched…

Any film I have written about at some point will have the relevant link(s) attached to the title so that you can have a look-see. I usually write about EVERY new film I see, but as you can imagine the amount of films this year have made it very hard to keep up with.

Anyway, have a look below and see if you can guess what will be in my top 10! It should be up in the next few days. Following that will be other categories such as 5 Most Disappointing Films, 5 Films That Were A Lot Better Than I Thought, 3 Most WTF!? Films, Worst Ending and other random things.


The ABCs of Death
Apartment 1303
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2
Berberian Sound Studio
Blackfish
The Bourne Legacy
Brainscan
Broken City
Bullet to the Head
The Campaign
Carrie (2013) (extra link)
Cassadaga
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away
Cloud Atlas
Compliance
Curse of Chucky
Darkman
Deadfall
Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
The Descendants
End of Watch
Evil Dead (2013)
The Expendables 2
Flight
GI Joe Retaliation
A Good Day To Die Hard
The Great Gatsby
GYO - Tokyo Fish Attack
The Hangover Part 3
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
The Heat
Hitchcock
I Am Street Fighter – 25th Anniversary Documentary
Iron Man 3
Iron Man: Rise of Technovore
Jack Reacher
Jack the Giant Slayer
Jason X
King of Thorn
The Last Stand
Lawless
The Life of Pi
The Look of Love
The Lords of Salem
Machete Kills
Mama
Maniac (2013)
Man of Tai Chi
The Master
Men In Black 3
Monsters University
Movie 43
Nosferatu (1922)
Olympus Has Fallen
Oz the Great and Powerful
ParaNorman
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
A Place Beyond the Pines
The Purge
Pusher
RIPD
Rise of the Guardians
Resident Evil Retribution
Red 2
Rewind This
Room 237
Samsara
Savages
Sharknado
Sightseers
Skyfall
Spring Breakers
Superman Unbound
The Sweeney
Texas Chainsaw (2013)
This is 40
This is the End
Total Recall (2012)
TPB – AFK: The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard
UWantMe2KillHim?
V/H/S 2
Warm Bodies
Welcome To The Punch
We're the Millers
We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks
Zero Dark Thirty


So what do you think will end up being in my top 10? Make sure you check back soon to find out!


19th Dec 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment